For my second project, I sewed up a nursing cover for my little baby. Since I’m quite committed to breastfeeding and I know we can’t stay in hibernation forever, I knew I needed something to cover up.
The baby was actually asleep so I used a teddy bear. Forgive my insane hair.
The one thing I forgot was that cotton shrinks, so I ended up with less room than I started with. It’s also not as breathable as I would like, so I’m considering making another one in a more breathable fabric. I’m not sure how good she’d do under there for a long nursing session.
There’s an option to make a collar, but I am sleep deprived and couldn’t figure out how to make it work, so I left it without one. I also did not quite cut the top in the shape of a circle apparently, so that’s kind of weird. Both things bugged me until I realized that I’m not wearing it for heavy use, just for a few minutes at a time, so if it’s not perfect it doesn’t really matter. This was my first sewing project that I did without my mother’s help, so I’m relatively pleased as to how it turned out. I know it’s not perfect, but it works for what it’s supposed to do and I can’t wait to try it out for real.
The original pin here: